UNCG Counseling Center: Referral Service
The University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG) offers the following referral database to assist individuals with connecting to off-campus treatment options. This database is intended to help you search for off-campus services if you desire longer-term or more frequent treatment, specialized services, simply prefer an off-campus provider, or if you are ineligible to receive services at the Counseling Center. The purpose of this database is to help match your mental health needs with a compatible provider in the community. If you need additional support connecting with a community provider or have feedback about your experience with one of the listed providers, please contact the Counseling Center at (336) 334-5874 and request to speak with the Clinical Case Manager.
For a general search, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "SEARCH" and the entire list of providers will be displayed. If you are looking for any specific information, complete the fields below and click "SEARCH."
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a UNCG student and you are currently at risk (e.g., considering suicide, harm to others, are at risk of physical harm/assault, etc.), you are urged to come to the Counseling Center during business hours or call (336) 334-5874 to speak with an on-call clinician after business hours. If there is an emergency where your life or someone else's is in immediate danger, please call the UNCG Police Department at (336) 334-4444 or 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
National Emergency Resources for UNCG Students & Non-Students:
- Emergency Medical Services: 911 or visit the nearest hospital emergency department
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): 1.800.273.TALK (1.800.273.8255) or 1.800.SUICIDE (1.800.784.2433)
- National Hopeline Network (24/7): 1.800.SUICIDE (784-2433)
- National Crisis Text Line: Text “START” to 741-741
- The Trevor Project, LGBTQ+ Crisis Support: 1.866.488.7836 or www.thetreveorproject.org
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Referral Helpline (Monday through Friday: 8AM to 8PM EST): 1.877.SAMHSA (726-4727) or https://findtreatment.gov/
- National Eating Disorders Association Helpline (Monday through Thursday: 9AM to 9PM EST; Friday: 9AM to 5PM EST; excluding holidays): 1.800.931.2237
- IMAlive Online Crisis Network - https://www.imalive.org/ for online chat
Greensboro Area & General North Carolina Emergency Resources (24/7):
- Wesley Long Hospital/Emergency Department: 336.832.1000; 501 N. Elam Avenue, Greensboro, NC
- Moses Cone Behavioral Health Center: 336.832.9700; 700 Walter Reed Drive, Greensboro, NC
- Moses Cone Memorial Hospital: 336.832.7000; 1200 N. Elm Street, Greensboro, NC
- Monarch Crisis Center: 336.676.6840 or 1.866.272.7826; 201 N. Eugene Street, Greensboro, NC
- Therapeutic Alternatives Mobile Crisis Management: 1.877.626.1772
- NC Crisis Resources by County: http://crisissolutionsnc.org/
- NC Crisis Lines by County: http://www.suicidehotlines.com/northcarolina.html
The following national databases may help identify additional mental health resources:
- Psychology Today Website
- Black Therapist Rock Website
- Find a Psychologist Website
- Good Therapy Website
- Online Counseling Directory
- Open Path Collective Website (reduced rate therapy $30 - $60 per session)
- Therapy for Black Girls Website
- Therapy for Black Men Website
- Therapy for Latinx Website
The above resources are not affiliated with or endorsed by the UNCG Counseling Center.
Disclaimer: Providers included in this database have chosen to serve students seeking off-campus treatment by voluntarily including their information in our database. Please be aware that the providers are not affiliated with the University. Neither UNCG or the Counseling Center guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information provided, and do not endorse any provider listed. You are strongly encouraged to verify with the provider directly regarding their information, including fees, insurance, etc. The UNCG Counseling Center does not supervise any of the individuals or agencies included in this database and bears no responsibility for services provided by these resources.